So today was a little of a disaster if I’m honest. I arrived at 8:30am to find out the mutants I thought I’d made yesterday weren’t real 😦 . They didn’t grow on my antibiotic plates overnight. This means I’ll have to try again next week. On top of that I managed to get dangerously close to my bunsen burner and nearly set my hair on fire (I didn’t, but it was close). I have an ear infection so wasn’t feeling great, luckily one of the post-docs kindly agreed to supervise my undergrad in the lab so I could work on the computer instead, and not risk any more bunsen related mishaps.
I worked away at the computer this morning, aiming for inbox zero, I managed to achieve inbox 1 so I’m quite happy with that. I also did some reading and researching. If anyone knows anything about homologous recombination and the possibility of it occurring independently of recA or a site specific recombinase please, please, please get it touch. I need to know.
Ok desperate plea for help over :P. Due to the previously mentioned ear infection I left work at 1pm today as I had a doctors appointment. This meant I missed the weekly team meeting, but I did put together some slides anyway. I handed them over to the boss & went through them with him, so he can give a quick update on my work. We also spent 20mins going through what I’d found out and what I was planning to do next week. The only question I wasn’t able to answer was the homologous recombination one above. Seriously need to work that one out! Seriously.
So only a half day to tell you about today. Hopefully by Monday I’ll be fully recovered and back to lab work. So until then, have a great weekend everyone, and thanks for reading.